High-Performance Pan-Tilt Units
Dual-Axis Gyro Stabilized Platform Mounted Systems for Sea, Air and Ground Applications
HELLENIC INSTRUMENTS offers a complete line of high-performance pan-tilt units with accurate gyro stabilization for precise observation and real-time positioning of various payloads, including thermal cameras, video cameras, laser rangefinders, and microwave antennas. The HI-PTU line of products offers high precision, user-controlled position and speed movements for payloads up to 25 pounds, utilizing precise stepper motors with embedded encoders. A fully integrated design suitable for intense applications in all weather conditions provides effortless integration to existing systems, minimizing your integration and development costs.
The HI-PTU line of products
- HI-PTU050-MINI: An entry level miniature pan-tilt unit for payload positioning of up to 4.4 pounds, ideal for miniature systems and mobile applications.
- HI-PTU050-NST: A highly adaptable and robust pan-tilt unit for payload positioning of up to 12 pounds, ideal for miniature systems and mobile applications.
- HI-PTU050-DSG: A highly adaptable and robust stabilized pan-tilt unit for payload stabilization and positioning of up to 12 pounds, ideal for miniature systems and mobile applications.
- HI-PTU100-NST: A heavy-duty mid-range pan-tilt unit for payload positioning of up to 25 pounds, best for multi-part payloads in fixed and mobile applications.
- HI-PTU100-DSG: A heavy-duty mid-range stabilized pan-tilt unit for payload stabilization and positioning of up to 25 pounds, best for multi-part payloads in fixed and mobile applications.
Advanced Features and Applications
DSG Modules: All DSG pan-tilt units provide a complete integrated solution for ultra low-cost gyro-stabilization of various payloads for sea, air and ground applications. Inertial Line of Sight stabilization allows thermal and video cameras to stay on target while in transit. The Dual-Axis Stabilization Gyroscope modules offer real-time user-controlled stabilization by implementing advanced closed-loop control methods. The DSG modules provide impressive performance at entry-level costs, while maintaining high accuracy in stabilize and track applications. Built-in all DSG modules is an intelligent system that offers direct payload pointing at precise latitude, longitude and altitude geo or GPS coordinates. The DSG modules can accept geo-coordinates through the built in RS-232 or Ethernet/IP host interface and aim the payload to the corresponding location. Automatic pointing of the payloads simplifies system integration and allows efficient control and configuration of all pan-tilt funcions.
NST Modules: The Non Stabilized pan-tilt units provide accurate real-time positioning of various payloads, including thermal cameras, video cameras, laser rangefinders, and microwave antennas for precise observation and targeting. High precision, user-controlled position and speed movement for payloads up to 25 pounds is achieved with the use of precise stepper motors with embedded encoders. The NST modules are designed for intense applications in all weather conditions, offering an ultra low-cost off-the-shelf solution for payload positioning.
Multiple mounting options: All Hellenic Instruments pan-tilt units offer user-configurable mounts, allowing for easy integration of payloads. With multiple mounting brackets and options, different types of payloads can be secured on the platform, resulting in a precisely balanced system.
Host Interfaces and Software
All HI-PTU products support real-time user-control of position, speed, acceleration using the built-in RS-232, RS-485 or Ethernet/IP Host Interface. The HI-PTU products allow for serial communication with a PC through RS-232, RS-485 compatible PZT joysticks for on-the-fly position changes and extended configuration using the web interface over Ethernet/IP. An extended list of ASCII commands allows for complete configuration of the pan-tilt units for optimum system integration in a broad range of applications.