FPGA Embedded Software Engineer
Members of the Hardware Development team will work with the latest, high performance FPGA technology and computing architectures to accelerate the development of DSP and image enchantment algorithms. Hardware Developers will have the opportunity to optimize the system at a low level (gates and wires) as well as a high level (algorithms and architecture). We expect Hardware Developers to have direct input in the design process, to efficiently and effectively implement those designs, and to use unit/component and system level tests to verify and validate the system.
The successful candidate’s minimum qualifications will include the following:
- BSc/MSc in Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- The desired candidate must be proficient in all aspects of FPGA design and verification and should have in-depth familiarity with Altera / Xilinx / Microsemi FPGAs, particularly the Cyclone product family or other relevant, and in-depth knowledge of development tools, laboratory test equipment, and source and revision control tools.
- The ideal candidate must be able to develop implementation architectures from requirements documents or high-level specifications as well as communicate and work with teams on multiple-engineer chip developments.
- Additionally, the candidate will be required to use and maintain legacy designs as well as troubleshoot component and system designs operating within an integrated system.
- Multiple years’ experience with FPGA verification is required.
- Ability to investigate issues and solve problems independently is desired.
- Experience with digital signal processing and image enchantment algorithms is desired.
- Experience in the design and debug of complex circuit boards is also desired.
- Experience in real-time image processing, image sensor communication.
- Experience developing software for embedded processors using C/C++ for DSP applications is desired.
- Knowledge of VHDL, Verilog, Matlab/Simulink, Modelsim, Altera Quartus, Xilinx Zync
- Knowledge in OSD and image overlay functionality